Revised Final Call for Papers
Southern African Conference for Artificial Intelligence Research: AI Transforming Humanity
The Organising Committee of the Southern African Conference for Artificial Intelligence Research (SACAIR 2020) invites the submission of full papers for presentation at the online digital conference, to be held from 24-26 February 2021.
SACAIR2020 is the sequel to the inaugural Forum for Artificial Intelligence Research (FAIR2019), which took place in December 2019 in Cape Town, South Africa. The conference theme is ‘AI transforming Humanity’.
We solicit submissions on, but not limited to, the following broad areas of Artificial Intelligence:
- Machine Learning Theory
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Applications of AI
- AI for Ethics and Society (including data ethics, machine ethics, ethics of socio-robotics, neuro ethics, trustworthy and sustainable AI, aesthetics of AI, and AI and the performing and visual arts)
- AI for Development and Social Good (including any aspect of AI within Information Systems and AI-driven business).
Structure of Conference
22 February 2021: Student unconference*
23 February 2021: Tutorials and Opening Ceremony
24-26 February 2021: Conference
*This is a student driven event for students creating the opportunity for students to interact with each other as well as with sponsors and other possible employers. There will also be opportunity for poster sessions from students. More information on due dates for poster submissions soon. Please check out the website regularly.
Full papers will undergo a double blind peer-reviewing process.
- Submissions will be double blind peer-reviewed by at least three different reviewers.
- Submissions should report original research that has neither been published nor submitted for publication elsewhere and should be between 12 and 14 pages long using the relevant Springer templates.
- Submissions may be submitted to a plagiarism-checking tool.
- Proceedings with all accepted papers for SACAIR will be available online on the SACAIR website, and a selection of the best accepted papers will appear in a volume of Springer CCIS, which is accredited by the South African DHET.
- For more information on CCIS as well as required author information and templates, please see http://www.springer.com/series/7899.
- Author guidelines are available at http://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines. Papers that do not adhere to the format specifications will not be considered for review.
Please see the submissions page (https://2020.sacair.org.za/submissions) for additional information.
- The dates have been extended.
- For a paper to appear in the CCIS Proceedings, full registration should have been paid by 10 November 2020. Accommodation may be paid later. Exact amounts will be posted as soon as possible.
Submission of 150-400 word abstract: 10 September 2020
Submission of full papers: 20 September 2020
Outcome of reviews to authors: 27 October 2020
Final submission of camera-ready, revised full papers: 6 November 2020
Any enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emma Ruttkamp-Bloem (general organising chair)
Aurona Gerber (technical programme chair)
Anban Pillay (organising committee member)
Alta de Waal (organising committee member)
Karabo Maiyane (student)
Emile Engelbrecht (student)